- About Us
- On Campus
- Beyond Campus
- Get Involved
Editor, The Well
Editor – The Well
Women in the Academy and Professions (WAP) is one of the focused ministry initiatives of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship’s Graduate & Faculty Ministries. We long to see women in all sectors of our society living wholeheartedly into their God-given callings for the sake of his glory, their joy, and the good of the world. Recognizing the unique challenges and layers of complexity facing women who pursue higher education and the careers that follow, we provide resources online, on campus, and on location to encourage women in the various stages and phases of their multi-faceted lives. In addition to serving women in the university, we function at the intersection of the academy and the professional worlds by bringing women together to provide support, networking, mentoring relationships, and leadership development whether they are in academics, business, law, medicine, politics, education, industry, or elsewhere.
The Well is our online gathering place. It is full of articles, reflections, advice columns and more all intended to support and encourage women in their pursuit of God’s call on their lives. The quality and content of our publishing is stellar. We are currently hiring for the position of editor at The Well. The editor serves as an integral part of the Women in the Academy and Professions Team and will give primary attention to WAP’s agenda by maintaining the excellent content The Well and growing its audience. Duties include soliciting and development of writers, editing of content, developing and maintaining editorial calendar, supervising WAP Associates working with The Well, and budgeting and fund raising for The Well’s projects/team. The editor will represent The Well at functions inside and outside of InterVarsity.
Ideal Candidate will possess the following:
- Love for graduate students, faculty, and the university
- Concern for and understanding of the issues faced by women graduate/professional students and faculty
- A clear sense of calling to InterVarsity and its mission
- Commitment to integration of faith, vocation, and academic life
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 2 years editorial experience
- Proficient in computer technology (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Navigation etc.)
- Understanding of and experience working with social media metrics, diagnostic tools, etc.
The application deadline is March 31.
For more information or to ask questions, contact WAP Director, Karen Hice Guzmán