Touching Hearts & Minds from the “crown jewel” of the northern Midwest
This could be your opportunity to shape the development of a high impact team of campus ministers in the Northern Midwest! InterVarsity Christian Fellowship’s Graduate & Faculty Ministries is looking for a Servant Leader with vision for ministry in the academy & a heart for Minnesota and the Dakotas to recruit and lead a team into the future.
Quick Facts for Minnesota, North Dakota & South Dakota:
- Over 100 colleges & universities in the region
- Over 18,000 graduate students at the leading institutions
- Over 2,000 faculty at area institutions
- Over 5,000 international students & scholars at the leading institutions
- Potential to live in one of the foremost metropolitan areas in the US, with a population base of over 5 million people!
The ideal candidate has previous supervisory experience, can build and lead healthy teams, has strong cultural competency and people skills. Working with a diverse and committed group of staff and volunteers is just one of the perks. This person must be prayerful and able to clearly articulate a vision for planting and growing witnessing communities of graduate students and faculty which draws in ministry partners, potential GFM staff and missional students and faculty leaders.
The GFM area director will provide leadership to plant ministry on new campuses and develop existing ministries on campuses. This opportunity will include networking with a core ministry-partner team of volunteers, shaping strategy & programs, developing a staff team, and experiencing the dynamism of campus ministry in a first-hand way.
To get a sense of the breadth of our ministry with graduate/professional students, internationals & faculty, please visit the Graduate & Faculty Ministries website.
- A deep appreciation for and understanding of graduate students, internationals, faculty, and the academy
- At least a bachelor’s degree (further education preferred)
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize, support & encourage
- Staff must raise the funds needed for their salary, benefits and ministry expenses from churches and individuals
Photo Credit: public domain from Wikipedia.