InterVarsity Christian Fellowship is seeking a full-time Associate Director of Faculty Ministires-Undergraduate Engagement. The overarching vision of InterVarsity’s Graduate & Faculty Ministries (GFM) is “to encourage and equip graduate students and faculty to live as Christ’s disciples, following him as they seek to be a redeeming influence among the people, ideas, and structures of the university and professions.” The Associate Faculty Ministry Directors will partner with the Faculty Ministry Director and Faculty Ministry Team to lead the national development of Faculty Ministry on 2500 campuses by 2030.
To learn more about our vision for Faculty Ministry, contact Kathy Tuan-MacLean, Director of Faculty Ministry.
- Share with the Director of Faculty Ministries in national leadership by:
- Leading growth as a staff worshiping community, depending on God in prayer
- Partnering in setting the spiritual vision and direction for Faculty Ministry
- Strategically recruiting, hiring and placing faculty ministry coordinators and staff
- Create and implement national strategies empowering InterVarsity’s undergraduate line (90% of InterVarsity’s ministry) to engage faculty as ministry partners and plant faculty prayer groups on 2500 campuses
- Create and implement national training and resources for undergraduate line
- Partner with and support undergraduate line Staff Directors to set and evaluate ministry goals for increasing faculty ministry in their Regions and Areas
- Raise an agreed upon amount of personal support
Vision & Mission
InterVarsity’s purpose is to form and grow witnessing communities of students and of faculty who follow Jesus Christ on university and college campuses. As we do this, our vision is to see lives transformed and world changers developed, and we are especially passionate to see good change come to the university world, or put differently, to see campuses renewed. Higher education, in the purposes of God, exists to seek knowledge and truth, to promote human flourishing and to serve the common good. In seeking such renewal on American campuses, we are also influencing, at a crucial source, the character of our society and our world.
InterVarsity’s Graduate & Faculty Ministries encourages and equips graduate students, professional students (in business, law and healthcare) and faculty to live as Christ’s disciples, following him as they seek to be a redeeming influence among the people, ideas, and structures of the university and professions. Established in 1987 as a small, specialized outreach effort, GFM has grown into a multi-faceted, dynamic ministry over the last twenty five years. GFM staff work with students and faculty on over 100 campuses around the United States.
Who We Are Looking For
- Brings a passion for the university world and life of the mind and a proven love for graduate students and faculty
- Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree strongly preferred
- 5 year prior work experience with InterVarsity or other campus ministry strongly preferred
- 3 years experience in supervision and training preferred
- Evidence of the characteristics of a life-long learner