InterVarsity Christian Fellowship is seeking a full-time Associate Director of Law Ministry. The overarching vision of InterVarsity’s Graduate & Faculty Ministries (GFM) is “to encourage and equip graduate students and faculty to live as Christ’s disciples, following him as they seek to be a redeeming influence among the people, ideas, and structures of the university and professions.” The Associate Director Law Minsitry will partner with the Associate Director GFM and National Director Law Ministry to trepresent InterVarsity in the Christian Legal Society (CLS) and coordinate regular CLS Team meetings. The Associate Director will partner with and support line Staff Directors to increase Law ministry in their Regions and Areas and will represent the National Law Director when the director is unavailable to attend such meetings.
- Expand InterVarsity's capacity to reach students and faculty with law ministry
- Partner with Director to contribute to general leadership of law ministry
- Serve as liason to correspond on legal issues, resource the Law Ministry website, and establish and mantain speakers and law mentors
- Serve as liason with Christian Legal Society
- Pursue strategic ideas and build relationships that advance law ministry
- Raise an agreed upon amount of personal support
Vision & Mission
InterVarsity’s purpose is to form and grow witnessing communities of students and of faculty who follow Jesus Christ on university and college campuses. As we do this, our vision is to see lives transformed and world changers developed, and we are especially passionate to see good change come to the university world, or put differently, to see campuses renewed. Higher education, in the purposes of God, exists to seek knowledge and truth, to promote human flourishing and to serve the common good. In seeking such renewal on American campuses, we are also influencing, at a crucial source, the character of our society and our world.
InterVarsity’s Graduate & Faculty Ministries encourages and equips graduate students, professional students (in business, law and healthcare) and faculty to live as Christ’s disciples, following him as they seek to be a redeeming influence among the people, ideas, and structures of the university and professions. Established in 1987 as a small, specialized outreach effort, GFM has grown into a multi-faceted, dynamic ministry over the last twenty five years. GFM staff work with students and faculty on over 100 campuses around the United States.
Who We Are Looking For
- Brings a passion for the university world and life of the mind and a proven love for graduate students and faculty
- Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree strongly preferred
- 5 year prior work experience with InterVarsity or other campus ministry strongly preferred
- 3 years experience in supervision and training preferred
- Evidence of the characteristics of a life-long learner