To advance the Purpose and Vision of InterVarsity, a Regional Ministry Director, together with her/his regional leadership team, develops and leads ministry staff in the implementation of InterVarsity’s mission on campuses within the region.
To serve a wide diversity of students and faculty, the Regional Ministry Director (RMD) provides visionary and strategic leadership to plant and sustain witnessing communities on a growing number of campuses and “corners” of campus. The RMD leads by providing for the hiring, training, supervision, professional development, and pastoral care of staff. The RMD effectively leads and collaborates within the larger organizational structure and culture of InterVarsity. The RMD represents InterVarsity within the wider church and public sphere.
Associate Regional Ministry Director: This role shares in the essential functions of a Regional Ministry Director, as described below. The Associate Regional Ministry Director can be assigned any aspects of the Regional Ministry Director position at the discretion of the RMD. This role allows for national engagement though is primarily focused on regional leadership.
The Regional Ministry Director models spiritual and personal maturity as a disciple of Jesus Christ, reflecting love for God, God’s word, God’s people, and God’s purposes.
- Practice spiritual disciplines that lead to spiritual vitality, godly character, and missional life
- Pursue spiritual relationships and involvement in a worshipping community
- Work toward “self-leadership” characterized by self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relational integrity
The Regional Ministry Director leads the staff team to accomplish the mission among students and faculty on campuses within his/her geography through vision, strategy, and execution of plans.
- Create and maintain a healthy and productive regional culture (values, ethos, practices, traditions, etc.) that enhances effectiveness in carrying out the mission by individual staff and staff teams
- Lead the regional leadership team to:
- Function as a hospitable, inclusive, and prayerful team
- Set missional vision and execute strategic plans for the region
- Create a strong leadership development system for staff recruitment, development, and advancement
- Develop diverse student training programs and events
- Implement Ministry Partnership practices and strategies that lead to fully resourced staff
- Recruit, hire and supervise ministry directors for the region
- Equip and develop directors for the region and movement through training, professional development, and spiritual formation
- Oversee all aspects of their work and provide ongoing feedback, annual performance reviews, and jointly set annual goals
- Support with counsel, problem-solving, and encouragement
- Provide oversight and accountability for their Ministry Partnership Development
- Build or improve regional systems and structures to enhance the mission
- Provide administrative services and financial management
- Ensure adherence to national policies, procedures, and reporting requirements
- Engage in ministry to students as feasible
The Regional Ministry Director leads on behalf of InterVarsity as a national organization in alignment with its values, purpose, and strategic priorities.
- Contribute to a geographic team of Regional Ministry Directors for mutual learning and encouragement
- Participate collaboratively as part of the wider Senior Field Leadership Team
- Engage in “Co-Lab” partnerships with leaders from the Focus Ministry and Strategy & Innovation teams
- Take on national assignments as delegated
- Lead collaboratively within the larger organization and in alignment with strategic vision and plans
- Partner well with the National Service Center personnel and other non-Field departments
- Act as a good steward of organizational culture
- Engage responsively with immediate supervisor
The Regional Ministry Director represents InterVarsity to external audiences and stakeholders in a way that enhances the reputation and mission of the organization
- Develop Ministry Partners who will give financially and support prayerfully our mission
- Secure funds for assigned budget for the RMD position
- Raise strategy funds for the region as needed
- Communicate with Ministry partners on a regular basis
- Serve as an ambassador of InterVarsity and our mission to a network of ministry partners, churches, and other organizations within the broader Christian community
- Mobilize resource networks of alumni and volunteers that can help advance our mission
Please contact email@example.com for application and further information.