UW La Crosse CSM Job Intro:
InterVarsity has had a rich legacy of ministry at UW – La Crosse that has spanned decades, but there is currently no staff placed at the campus to grow the ministry by identifying, equipping, and coaching student leaders. The main goal of a placement at UW – Stout is re-planting ministry and setting a trajectory toward sustainable growth. We are looking for a staff candidate that is a self-starter, willing to take risks, and exhibits strong relational and organizational skills.
UW – La Crosse campus culture:
UW – La Crosse is known as a top-ranking public university among its peers and has remained a top ranked comprehensive campus in the UW system. The school has particularly strong athletic and science programs. In addition, within a mile from the campus are two other campuses; Viterbo University and Western Technical College. Planting InterVarsity at any one of these three campuses means an on ramp to planting at all three campuses making work in the La Crosse area potentially exponential!
Brief overview of job responsibilities:
- Raise a team of ministry partners that will give, pray, and potentially serve or advocate on behalf of the ministry at UW-La Crosse.
- Experience and learn about the campus culture in order to identify strategic places to plant small groups
- Establish a recurring gathering for students to connect, worship, and study Scripture.
- Build partnership with the faculty advisor and local church and alumni contacts.
- Identify and develop student leadership candidates to plant and multiply small groups
- Explore and expand ministry to the nearby technical/private colleges, Western Technical College and Viterbo University
Unique opportunities for ministry at UW – La Crosse:
- Developing networks: Because of the rich history of InterVarsity ministry here, there is much potential for developing alumni and church partners to support the ministry.
- Incarnational ministry: the highly specialized departments may provide opportunities to plant department-specific small groups where students are already forming communities and relationships.
- Part of an experienced, talented area team: while most day-to-day work will be individual, our area team meets and communicates regularly, and is comprised of multiple skilled veteran staff.