InterVarsity’s Graduate and Faculty Ministries is seeking campus staff to serve professors at community colleges in the Los Angeles area. There are 27 community colleges within a 40-mile radius of Los Angeles. These schools educated over 500,000 students in the 2017-2018 academic year. Since the establishment of Los Angeles’ first community college in 2015, community colleges have served a wide range of students. Though community colleges continue engaging in conversations regarding enrollment trends as it relates to the shifting landscape of higher education, the American Association of Community Colleges reports that the first generation Latinx students doubled enrollment between 2001 and 2016.
While community colleges educate students from diverse backgrounds and varying life stages, faculty serve as a consistent presence at community colleges. Given the wealth of community colleges in the Los Angeles area, a campus staff for faculty at community colleges would begin planting faculty ministries at the following institutions:
- Mt. San Antonio College
- Pasadena City College
- Glendale Community College
- East Los Angeles College
- El Camino College
- Los Angeles City College
Consider this opportunity to serve faculty from diverse backgrounds and contexts. Join God’s work by engaging issues of faith and integration on community colleges. The campus staff minister will:
- Meet with faculty to help nurture a vision for being and creating world changers
- Plant new InterVarsity ministries and fellowships for faculty and administrators
- Partner with faculty in missional opportunities within their colleges and communities
- Provide spiritual support to Christian faculty as they maneuver a demanding vocation and their unique context
- Partner with InterVarsity staff who work with undergraduates to work for campus renewal
- Participate in the local team of InterVarsity GFM campus staff across Southern California
InterVarsity is looking for candidates who demonstrate prior Christian leadership, personal initiative, interpersonal skills, and some ability to self-manage. Theological education and/or advanced degrees are considered an asset.
More information about this position and InterVarsity’s Graduate & Faculty Ministries is posted under “How to Apply.” If you are interested in pursuing this position, complete the GFM Initial Interest Form and submit a copy of your resume or C.V.