This posting is for either:
- One, 40-hour/week position + One, 25-hour/week position
- OR Three, 25-hour/week positions
To advance the purpose of InterVarsity, this position contributes to a culture that represents InterVarsity’s ministry to donors through excellent daily relational interactions and service, timely donor service, extending development invitations to donors to have a deeper relational and/or financial partnership with InterVarsity, daily receipting, thanking and providing stewardship reporting to donors and welcoming new donors to InterVarsity’s ministry.
- Be a maturing disciple of Jesus Christ: growing in love for God, God's Word, God's people of every ethnicity and culture, and God's purposes in the world
- Respond promptly to ministry partners’ and staff inquiries in a courteous and timely manner
- Partner with Financial Services Team in processing and receipting all donations within established time standards
- Provide excellent service via phone calls, emails, online chats, text, and paper correspondence with ministry partners
- Process online donations and related communications which includes updates, changes, stops, enhancements, managing the online chat function, emails, texts, and phone calls
- Responding to and communicating to various donors needs relating to special gifts, corporate matching gifts, memorials, final gifts, anonymous gifts, foundation gifts, IRA gifts, Steer Inc, incomplete donations, etc.
- Raise an agreed upon amount of financial support, minimum of 10%
- Annually affirm InterVarsity’s Statement of Faith
- Two or four-year degree preferred or equivalent related working experience
- 2-5 years of customer service or call center experience preferred
- 2-5 years or more years of experience with Salesforce or other CRM preferred
- Prior development/fund raising experience preferred
- Prior gift processing and/or receipting experience preferred
- Prior college/campus ministry or InterVarsity experience preferred
- A working knowledge of current Microsoft Software applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Ability to physically handle mail – lifting 35 pounds, ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, and use a variety of technology tools to accomplish the job
Donor Services Support Role Progression:
Donor Services Associate:
This is an entry-level/developing Donor Services Administrator. This person has entry level experience and skills related to the position and may still be learning and understanding the commitments and responsibilities of the role. 0 - 4 years of experience or other equivalent work experience is preferred.
Donor Services Specialist:
This is a developed Donor Services Associate. This person is knowledgeable, experienced, and fully understands the commitments and responsibilities of the position. They will demonstrate their skill and experience actively throughout their role and time. As they mature into the role, they will have wider responsibilities within the Donor Services team. 4+ years of service and/or experience is preferred.
Senior Donor Services Coordinator:
This senior level position shows maturity in all areas of ministry and Donor Services abilities. They are experienced in all areas of Donor Services and help train and lead other team members; they have ongoing responsibilities for the Donor Services Team and actively influence the rest of the Donor Services team and partner with the Donor Services Manager. Often this will involve additional education, certificates, or degrees and generally 5+ years of service and/or experience.