InterVarsity’s Graduate and Faculty Ministries is seeking a campus staff minister to serve professors at universities in the Los Angeles area. The Greater Los Angeles area is home to over 60 colleges and universities. Faculty innovate and shape our society through their research and teaching. A faculty ministry staff has the joy of learning from and walking with faculty in their vocational call and ministry in academia.
Currently, InterVarsity serves faculty fellowships at the Claremont consortium and CSULA. The Claremont consortium is home to longstanding faculty ministry with a network of over 100 faculty. CSULA faculty meet to pray regularly for their students, colleagues, institution, and research. Additionally, the GFM Western region hosts an annual faculty ministry conference each summer.
Consider the opportunity to serve faculty from diverse backgrounds and contexts. Join God’s work by engaging issues of faith and integration in academia. The campus staff minister will:
- Building faculty witnessing communities
- Help faculty live out their faith within their respective disciplines
- Guide faculty in being examples of Christian faith in the academy
- Assist faculty in discovering appropriate ways to influence students for Christ
- Provide spiritual support to Christian faculty as they maneuver a demanding vocation and their unique context
- Partner with undergraduate staff colleagues for towards campus renewal
- Participate in local team of InterVarsity GFM campus staff across Southern California
InterVarsity is looking for candidates who demonstrate prior Christian leadership, personal initiative, interpersonal skills, and some ability to self-manage. Theological education and/or advanced degrees are considered an asset. The next faculty ministry staff will meet regularly with the GFM SoCal Area Team, assist in planting and growing faculty fellowships, and raise personal and ministry funds.
More information about this position and InterVarsity’s Graduate & Faculty Ministries is posted under “How to Apply.” If you are interested in pursuing this position, complete the GFM Initial Interest Form and submit a copy of your resume or C.V.