Are you an alumni professional who is working as part of a big alumni department or a current/former InterVarsity staff who wants to care more deeply for our alumni? Have you always wondered about leading your own team? Does the idea of starting from scratch and leading your own team to build an alumni organization the right way excite you? If this sounds like you we’ve got an assignment you don’t want to miss!
InterVarsity is creating a new position, National Director of Alumni Relations, to build an alumni department with the goal of keeping Alumni engaged with the mission of InterVarsity throughout their life. Though this is a newly created position, you won’t be starting from scratch. We’ve got over 1 million alumni with thousands that graduate annually. We have a full communications and marketing department to support your efforts and an enthusiastic fan base.
InterVarsity is looking to make a radical leap in our growth and impact (see more here) and we have identified our alumni effort as a key driver of that growth. Bringing alumni around each of our chapters for support, volunteers and fund development, is the only way we have of reaching these goals! So this effort is the heart of our strategy going forward.
Don't miss this chance to join a growing $107M Christian ministry with 1200 Campus Ministers reaching 120,000 students on 700 campuses every year. We just launched an $81M transformation campaign to fuel this significant new vision. This onece-in-a-lifetime chance for an experienced alumni engagement leader to create a department and significantly impact an organization.
If you can:
- Provide vision and direction for sustainable alumni engagement across all our generations of alumni.
- Build an alumni team including regional alumni relations leaders.
- Collaborate with our Development and Communications departments to manage a successful transition to Salesforce that will maximize the accuracy and engagement of all alumni records.
- Raise funds for projects and events in collaboration with development colleagues.
- Enthusiastically affirm InterVarsity’s Mission, affirm our Statement of Agreement, and abide by our Code of Conduct.
Then we want you to apply for this position!
Our headquarters is in Madison, WI and we have ample support for remote work. This position will require travel nationwide.