InterVarsity’s 2030 Calling is an exciting vision to reach every corner of every campus for Christ. In order to fulfill this call successfully, InterVarsity as a movement must exemplify “kingdom diversity”, leverage the opportunities presented by a diverse workforce and address the challenges to its thriving.
We are looking for a dynamic leader who will embody and champion diversity, and is passionate about leading change in this area. The National Director of Diversity will serve on a new and growing national diversity team that will seek to hold diversity in all its complexity and will impact the diversity and inclusion culture of our movement for the sake of the 2030 Calling. The Director leads and advances InterVarsity’s commitment to diversity through strategic vision and planning, collaborative leadership, instituting culture change and designing sustainable systems solutions. This position takes steps to equip regional and national leadership with definitive plans, insight, and initiatives and leads in implementing the same in effective, collaborative partnerships. This can range from holistic initiatives such as training, conflict resolution, creation of an action plan, building a pipeline of new diverse staff, recruitment and retention among others.
This role will focus on an organizational and systems perspective to bring change in the area of diversity. In addition to national responsibilities, the Director will be assigned oversight and leadership for a particular geography to build its effectiveness in the area of Diversity. As an integral member of national leadership and the Diversity team, this position will also work collaboratively across all functions and ministries of InterVarsity to ensure that the mindset and commitment to diversity and inclusion becomes embedded in the culture and regular practice of the ministry.
- This individual will partner with the VP, Diversity to lead the Diversity Programs in the Eastern regions of the United States
- Partner with VP Diversity and Diversity Team in jointly leading the Diversity Programs of the 2030 National Strategic Plan
- Build trusting relationships with various diversity constituent groups (ethnicity, gender, generation, sexual orientation, abilities and other affinity and identity groups)
- Observe and analyze diversity related trends and patterns within geography using qualitative and quantitative means
- Design and deliver key training on diversity and inclusion related competencies at every leadership level in partnership with Diversity team
- Attend and Participate fully in Diversity Department team meetings and training engaging as a contributing member
- Establish and nurture ministry partner relationships through visits, phone calls and regular prayer and thank you letters
- Raise funds to cover the cost of salary and benefits
- Annually affirm InterVarsity’s Statement of Faith as a maturing disciple of Jesus
- Bachelor’s degree required, related Master’s degree preferred.
- 4 plus years supervisory experience, 2 years in senior leadership preferred
- Strong passion and vision for Diversity
- Living close to Field VP geography strongly preferred