To reach our 2030 calling and vision, InterVarsity will need thriving and equipped leaders throughout the movement. Developing the next generation of staff will require a strong cadre of first-level leaders (Area Directors and others who supervise entry-level staff) throughout the organization, who are maturing in leadership character and competency, while modeling and leading vibrant, healthy organizational leadership. We will need a diverse, robust, shared, transparent pipeline for development of future first-level leaders rising in the movement. We must ensure that the leadership pipeline is accessible to women and people of color.
We are looking for a dynamic leader who will champion leadership training and development joyfully and who is passionate about leading change in this area. The National Director of Leadership Development will serve on the national Learning and Talent Executive Team, shaping learning and leadership culture, systems, practices and training across the movement. The Director will lead and advance InterVarsity’s commitment to first-level leadership development and a strong pipeline through strategic vision and planning, training, collaborative leadership, and change leadership and management toward future goals. This role will focus on an organizational and systems perspective as well as the development of emerging, transitioning, and current first-level leaders. Oversight of Cultivate and New Area Director training are key parts of this role.
Critical qualifications include:
- Ability to build trust and collaborate effectively with leaders across the movement
- Confidence and experience building and leading training, including key events
- Ability to think, communicate and work effectively in the organization at multiple levels
- Annually affirm InterVarsity’s Statement of Faith as a maturing disciple of Jesus
- Bachelor’s degree required, related Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- 4 years supervisory experience preferred
- Experience in developing and delivering training curriculum for staff in regional, cluster or national training contexts. National experience required.
- Experience in collaborating across regions and departments and working directly with senior leaders
- Experience in equipping trainers for training and leading training teams in regional and national settings
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to identify strategy toward vision and to execute plans effectively
- Ability to lead move others toward collaborative or compromise solutions
- Ability to lead and manage change
- Strong people developer and consultant
- Strong interpersonal written, verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Excellent training design, planning and delivery skills
- Organizational Leadership
- Demonstrates organizational and systems thinking
- Politically savvy
- Understands InterVarsity culture and how to navigate it
- Diversity Skills
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Strong passion and vision for diversity and inclusion
- Ability to appreciate and work across differences
- Ability to oversee administration of national events and to work with operations administrators
- Ability to manage program budgeting and financial oversight effectively
- Ability to travel as determined
Applications with resume and supplementary questions are due on March 14th. Interviews will be held in April. The preferred start date is July 1st. To learn more about this position please contact Nancy Pedulla, VP of Learning and Talent.