To advance the purpose of InterVarsity, this position will train, coach, and provide spiritual and emotional encouragement for new and veteran staff to reach or exceed 100% of their assigned ministry budget.
- Be a maturing disciple of Jesus Christ: growing in love for God, God's Word, God's people of every ethnicity and culture, and God's purposes in the world
- Be a maturing disciple of Jesus Christ by pursuing a vibrant relationship with the triune God through engagement with Scripture, prayer, and worship, both individually and in community
- Train staff in MPD
- Coach and lead new staff or veteran staff to full funding
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the national MPD coaches team
- Maintain and develop personal MPD team
- Continue professional growth and development
- Annually affirm InterVarsity’s Statement of Faith
- Annually affirm InterVarsity’s Statement of Agreement. Abide by InterVarsity’s Code of Conduct
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 3 - 5 years' experience with personal fundraising
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects/people at once, organize events, coaching appointments, travel, training events and the details involved
- Ability to maintain accurate records and files
- Ability to take charge of tasks and work independently without close supervision
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines
- Ability and willingness to hold people accountable and have difficult conversations
- Leadership skills including problem solving and strong conflict resolution skills
- Excellent relationship builder and team player who can collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Open to learn new concepts, methods and skills
- A working knowledge of current Microsoft software applications (Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work in a diverse team environment
- Ability to lift at least 35 pounds
- Willing to travel as needed
National MPD Coach Job Group Career Progression
National MPD Coach 1
This is an entry-level National MPD Coaching position. The Coach is still learning and understanding the Responsibilities of the position but has at least 3 – 5 years’ experience with personal fundraising.
National MPD Coach 2
This is a proficient MPD Coach who is knowledgeable and experienced in all the Responsibilities. Six or more years of experience with InterVarsity (or other equivalent work experience) is preferred.
Sr. National MPD Coach
This is a Senior level National MPD Coach who models balanced, Biblical maturity in all areas of ministry, and has in-depth and ongoing responsibilities for coaching work while influencing the movement through modeling and teaching. Eight years or more experience with InterVarsity (or other equivalent work experience) is preferred.