Number of Openings: 4
Locations: (1) Western, (2) Eastern, (1) Central
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA is experiencing tremendous growth and fruit in our ministry on college campuses. To continue growing, we are seeking talented fundraisers who are committed to our mission and can identify, cultivate genuine relationships with, and solicit funds from major donors for national priorities and territorial/regional priorities as they align with national priorities.
The purpose of Intervarsity Christian Fellowship/USA is to establish and advance at colleges and universities witnessing communities of students and faculty who follow Jesus as Savior and Lord: growing in love for God, God’s Word, God’s people of every ethnicity and culture, and God’s purposes in the world. We are currently concluding a national fundraising campaign focused on growing our witnessing communities and strengthening evangelism and discipleship. The financial goal was $36M in cash and planned gifts, and donors gave and committed over $50M.
InterVarsity is dedicated to engaging our philanthropic partners well. Our President, Tom Lin, commits a significant amount of his time to meeting with partners alongside the Philanthropy Team. And our Executive Leadership Team desires to increase their involvement in the major gift fundraising process. President Lin is also currently leading a process to envision what InterVarsity can become in the next decade as we seek to connect with students and faculty in every corner of every campus.
If you believe the college experience is pivotal and if your gifts align with our needs, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
- Major gift fundraising: 45%. Engage donors and prospects who have the capacity to make significant gifts to support and transform InterVarsity and help them accomplish their philanthropic goals.
- Donor Visit Preparation and Follow-up: 45%
- Team Meetings, Training, Video Call Meetings, and IVCF National Conferences and Events:10%
- Annually affirm InterVarsity’s Statement of Faith
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrate skills and experience of a major gift officer, is familiar with moves management strategies and practices and has applied them with major donors.
- Significant major donor fund development experience with a minimum of 5-7 years of transferable professional experience. Familiarity with moves management.
- Passionate about InterVarsity’s mission to be a redeeming influence in higher education