2017 marks the 60th anniversary of California State University – Fullerton. Initiated by the need for teachers amidst a growing population, CSUF was the outcome of a bill passed for the establishment of a state college in Orange County. CSUF has the largest student body in the Cal State University system – the largest four-year university system in the United States that includes 23 universities. Student enrollment at CSUF is over 40,000. There are over 5,700 graduate students and over 1,900 faculty.
CSUF offers 52 graduate degrees, two of which are doctoral degrees. CSUF maintains a strong commitment to diversity, nationally recognized by its commitment to supporting underrepresented students. The campus is a named Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Asian American and North American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
Graduate student and faculty ministry at CSUF began through the initiative of a few graduate students. Within two years, there was interest from graduate students, faculty, and administrators to gather and consider contextualized, faithful presence as Christ followers at CSUF. Consider the opportunity to join God’s ongoing work among students and faculty here, introducing issues of faith and academic integration while engaging CSUF’s historic mission to address the needs of its context.
The Campus Staff Member will:
- Plant new InterVarsity ministries for graduate students and faculty at CSUF
- Network with and mentor graduate students
- Meet with faculty to help nurture a vision for being and creating world changers
- Provide spiritual support to Christian faculty as they maneuver a demanding vocation
- Participate in the team of InterVarsity Graduate & Faculty Ministries campus staff across Southern California
- Partner with undergraduate InterVarsity ministries
- Consider unique contextual aspects for faithful witness
The ideal candidate has prior work experience in ministry or the marketplace as well as an advanced degree. Candidates need to have people skills for networking, leadership, and evangelism. Cross-cultural skills are a must. All campus staff with InterVarsity are responsible for their own ministry partner development and will receive training and supervision in this area.
More information about this position and InterVarsity’s Graduate & Faculty Ministries is posted under “How to Apply.” If you are interested in pursuing this position, complete the GFM Initial Interest Form and submit a copy of your resume or C.V.