There are many ways you can interact with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA – attend a chapter meeting or event, use our website to search for and download information, pray for ministry or donate, or subscribe to other services, like newsletters. When you share information with us, we use it to serve you – to send you the right information or products, to send receipts, or to invite you into something we think you might be interested in. As you use our website and services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy. InterVarsity will not share or sell donor information with anyone for marketing purposes, nor will we send you anything on behalf of other organizations.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, web beacons and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to InterVarsity, so whether you are a recent or a long-time alumnus, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our constituents – including sending you receipts for donations to InterVarsity, sending you requested prayer updates, or providing you with answers to your questions related to InterVarsity’s ministry.
We collect information in the following ways:
Information you give us online or in person
In order to serve you, we’ll sometimes ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card to connect with your account.
Information we get from the use of our services
- Log information
Like many other Web sites, all InterVarsity websites makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, understand user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information.
- Cookies and web beacons
Our websites may allow third-party behavioral tracking.
- We protect your information. Our donation and store websites are scanned on a regular basis for security holes and vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We have placed a variety of security measures in place to protect your information when you place an order, submit, or accesses their information. All credit card transactions are processed through a third-party provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
How we use the information we collect
We may use the information we collect from you to personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings that interest you. It will also help us to improve our website or more quickly process your transactions, to better serve you.
InterVarsity will not share, sell, or exchange your information for third party fundraising or marketing purposes. InterVarsity will not send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. The only exceptions we will make will be: 1) when you have given InterVarsity specific permission to do so, 2) to parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential, 3) when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others' rights, property or safety.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Choices you can make
If you would like to change the information about you that we have on record, or change your contact preferences (like mailing or emailing), simply go to https://pim.intervarsity.org/saml_login and update your InterVarsity account. Or, contact us directly using one of the methods below.
InterVarsity Donation Services
Call toll free: 866-734-4823
Email us at email@example.com
Send mail to: InterVarsity, PO Box 7895, Madison, WI 53707-7895.
To change your InterVarsity Store billing or shipping address, call the InterVarsity Store at 866-265-4823 or email us using this form: https://intervarsity.org/contact/intervarsity-store. We will respond promptly to your request.
Subscribe to InterVarsity emails at www.intervarsity.org/subscribe
Unsubscribe from InterVarsity emails at www.intervarsity.org/unsubscribe
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- Send you additional information related to your requests
- Communicate to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred. (unless you have opted out)
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email sending services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, follow the instructions at the bottom of any email and we will promptly remove you from the distribution list.
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA
635 Science Drive
Madison, WI 53711